Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina, iMac, Mac mini & Mac Pro Models
Model Numbers: A1466, A1465, A1502, A1398, A1418, A1419, A1347, A1481
EMC: 2631, 2924, 2632, 2925, 3178, 2678, 2674, 2745, 2875, 2876, 2881, 2835, 2909, 2910, 2638, 2742, 2805, 2889, 2833, 3068, 3069, 2639, 2806, 2834, 3070, 2840, 2630
Years: Mid 2013, Late 2013, Mid 2014, Early 2015, Mid 2015, 2017
Known but manageable issues:
1. Boot ROM version/Mac OS, High Sierra or Mojave, must be up to date to recognize Feather M13
Why: Feather M13 uses NVMe technology which requires working with latest and greatest software/firmware
Solution: We can send you our installation kit (Apple OEM drive, tools, Mac OS USB Installer) and please follow our installation guide on https://fledging.net/faq/#article-4
2. ~30 seconds for Apple Logo to appear during startup
Why: During startup, Mac OS searches for Apple OEM drive first and would only recognize non-OEM drives if it fails to find any OEM drives after many attempts
Solution: A solution to force Mac to recognize Fledging drive first is a work in progress, we found most of our customs never shut off their Macs
3. Hibernation issue, computer does not wake up after sleep (only happens on M13 NVMe SSDs with MacBooks from 2013 and 2014)
Why: Mac OS writes to a certain SATA address that NVMe does not have during sleep
4. Do not boot from Internet Recovery Mode
Internet Recovery Mode still uses old Apple firmware that does not read NVMe drives. Always boot from a clean Mac OS image from an USB installer instead.
5. Boot camp, possible but it's a bit complicated.